Rentals in the hot shop are booked per hour with a two hour minimum. The cost is $35/hr for each workstation.
Renters must be approved by the studio founders and undergo a safety orientation.
To book, please email firstname.lastname@example.org at least 48hrs prior to inquire about availability.
- 10 pounds per hour clear glass (Ocean Side 96)
- One reheating Chamber – 9″ or 12″ Please specify if you have a preference.
- Shared annealer space with basic overnight annealing schedule. Please email if you require longer annealing times or dedicated space.
- Use of fluffy and hot torches
- Basic Shop tools – Blowpipes and punties, jacks, shears, tweezers, soffietas, blocks, paddles
- Access to coldworking equipment to finish work made at WFA outside of your hot shop rental time.
Rentals do not include:
About the Hot Shop:
- Two workstations with torches and compressed air
- 100lb Canned Heat Furnace
- 12″ Veggie Powered Reheating Furnace
- 9″ Veggie Powered Reheating Furnace
- 41″x22″x11″ Annealer
- 21″x21″x21″ Annealer
- 24″x22″x11″ Annealer
- Full range of hand tools, pipes, and punties
Cold Working Equipment:
- 14″ Wet Saw
- 18″Flatlap Grinder
- 12″ Flatlap Grander
- Lathe with 4″ grinding wheels
- Vertical Wet Belt Sander