Seeking Life Drawing Models
LIFE DRAWING AT WATERFALL ARTS
Waterfall Arts is seeking models for our Life Drawing program!
Pay is $50 a session. Prior experience is not required. Life and costumed models sought.
There are two life drawing groups that meet. Long Pose is on Saturdays from 9:30 AM to 12:0 0PM. For longer poses, the model always takes a break every 20 minutes or so. The Saturday Life Drawing group rotates costumed models with life models. Short Pose is on Monday nights from 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM. Models will take quick gestural poses of three, five, and ten minutes followed by one 20 minute pose to culminate the evening.
The Life Drawing group at Waterfall Arts is the longest running group of its kind in the Midcoast area, begun over a decade ago. Models are different each week. The atmosphere is relaxed, supportive, and respectful.
Interested? Have questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-338-2222 or fill out the form below.
Our Life Drawing program is a body-positive, non-discriminatory space for models and artists alike. Many models report that modeling for our class is an empowering experience–a creative outlet, in fact. As long as you hold still, you can think about whatever you want while modeling! Models of all body types, genders, races, sexes, ages, etc., are sought.
What is required of a life drawing model and what should you expect?
- No one touches the model, ever. Requests for alterations to poses are made verbally or through physical demonstrations through the class monitor.
- A model’s comfort is always put before artists’ interests.
- Poses are a collaboration between the model and the monitor.
- Only artists are allowed in the studio during sessions.
- No one comments on the model’s body.
- Measures are taken to ensure that the model is as comfortable as possible, including having a comfortable seat for long poses and a secure space to undress/put on a robe/get ready before making their entrance into the studio.
- No photography without the agreement of the model.
- Clear communication between the model and the monitor is paramount.
Thanks for your interest in modeling. We look forward to hearing from you!