STATUS: 20 Hours a week (part-time)
REPORTS TO: Office Manager
LOCATION: Belfast, Maine
Waterfall Arts seeks a visitor-focused Receptionist, who will be fully trained on the administrative assistant duties. The Receptionist will be able to cover for the Office Manager, handle a variety of ongoing operational tasks, and be available for occasional event support.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Open and close the building
- Answer phones
- Serve as Gallery greeter when needed
- Provide visitors with building tours
- Cover the office desk (assist walk-ins, accept payments, and answer general questions)
- Show commitment to mission, goals and organizational objectives and be able to articulate WA mission and vision to constituents, both verbally and in writing
- Procure and process mail and receive deliveries
- Maintain file systems and general office organization
- Storeroom and office maintenance
- Support events and outreach efforts (exhibition openings, Art Market, community outreach, etc.)
- Assist with organizational mailings
- Issue donor acknowledgements
- Cross train on the office manager duties, including payment processing, record keeping, supply ordering, studio rental admin, and membership & bookkeeping processes.
- Customer service experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic, friendly, and professional
BENEFITS: $15/hour, benefits include pro-rated vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
SCHEDULE: Thursday, Friday, and Saturday with flexibility at times, some evening and weekend work required for staffing on site and outreach events and meetings.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should apply with a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com