2020 Young Artists’ Gallery Takeover
Waterfall Arts is proud to celebrate Youth Art Month by showcasing the work of Waldo County creatives, aged five through eighteen. For the fifth year, we dedicate the entirety of our building to featuring the work of over one hundred artists in this stunning show.
YOUNG ARTISTS’ GALLERY TAKEOVER
February 29 – March 27
Clifford and Corridor Galleries
Opening Reception: Friday, Feb 28
5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
FREE & open to the public
Waldo County artists ages five through eighteen are invited to submit one piece of artwork. Work must be received by February 24 to be included in the show – see below for details.
The artwork you will see in this show is produced not only from the skills and creativity of the artists themselves, but also by the adults in the community who teach, encourage, and provide time, space, and materials to do so. As you take in the enormous amount of imaginative works, be reminded of the power of art and how our community benefits from supporting young people in their endeavors.
Waterfall Arts appreciates the support of our sponsors, donors, volunteers, and teachers who help young artists in our community grow and thrive in our many kids’ programs, as well as the local art teachers who labor to share their students’ work in this show each year.
Now more than ever, we need people of all ages to advocate for the arts in all its forms. We hope this exhibition inspires you to do so!
The Young Artists’ Gallery Takeover exhibition is organized by the Youth & Family Outreach (YFO) program at Waterfall Arts. YFO is made possible by local business sponsors Little River Veterinary Hospital, Bangor Savings Bank, and the Green Store. Additional support is provided by foundations such as the Maine Arts Commission, as well as individual donors.
Want to participate?
- Artist must be between ages 5 and 18.
- One piece of art per artist
- Flat work must be in a hangable frame, in a mat, or mounted on a larger piece of backing paper.
- 3D work must be stable – able to stand or hang safely.
- Work must have our label attached to the back of it with name, age, title, medium, and signature – we will have these labels at Waterfall Arts, or you can fill out the form below so we have them ready for you.
- Work received after Monday Feb. 24th will not be included in the show.