Bridge After School Art Club for 6th graders
Wednesdays 2:30-5:00PM at Waterfall Arts
Sept 30, 2020. – Dec 23, 2020.
Limit: 8 students
*Due to limited slots in the program and since some inquiries are coming through over the phone, we ask that you register by emailing Bridget Matros directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridget will follow up with each registrant individually to confirm their enrollment, until we reach our maximum of 8 students. Once your enrollment is confirmed, we will log your registration information in our system.*
Bridge is a free after school art club where young artists connect to themselves, each other, and the community through art. Members develop confidence and courage to try new things while exploring art materials, learn leadership skills and develop character through service opportunities, and become a real part of the local art scene through gallery visits and public events. No particular art skills or “talent” necessary!
Members of this small, tight-knit group need to commit to attending weekly for the group to really take off. It is hard for new members to join once the group has gelled so we hope kids stay on through the semester – most choose to stay on for the year.
Students with certain behavioral issues may find Bridge challenging in this setting, as listening is of the utmost importance for safety. Members will have time to play outside to run off extra energy for 5 or 10 minutes upon arrival but after that things tend to get pretty quiet and focused. That being said, some students that struggle in school thrive in Bridge. Let us know if you have concerns and how we might help your student fit in this program.
Waterfall Arts is experienced in risk reduction for Covid19. We have numerous policies and practices in place to keep everyone safe.
- Outdoor workspaces including an open sided tent and separate areas for individual work (“Outdoor Private Studios”)
- Hand washing upon entry of the building
- No shared materials – each student will have a kit of supplies to use.
- Exclusive use of the Bridge Studio – no other programs will take place in the room this semester.
- Fresh air circulation and MERV 13 level filtration in the studio.
- Mask wearing indoors and outdoors when close or if no breeze is blowing.
- Snacks will be eaten in our larger space downstairs if not possible outside.
**Every student must have an emergency contact who can come pick up their student if called. Students showing cold or flu-like symptoms or who think they may have had contact with someone who is sick will be moved from the group and sent home.**