Job Opportunities & Internships
Waterfall Arts – a vibrant Community Arts Center in downtown Belfast, Maine – seeks an immediate part-time Marketing Manager to join its growing creative staff. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for implementing a comprehensive communications plan and coordinating all marketing/promotion efforts for Waterfall Arts across multiple platforms.
TITLE: MARKETING MANAGER
REPORTS TO: Director of Programming & Outreach
SUMMARY: Responsible for implementing a comprehensive communications plan and coordinating all marketing/promotion efforts for Waterfall Arts across multiple platforms.
STATUS: Part-time, 20-25 hours, rate based on experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with Director of Programming & Outreach to develop overall annual communications plan and strategy to increase visibility and awareness of our work
- Lead the implementation of Waterfall Arts’ marketing strategies in coordination with staff and volunteers including:
- Generating and managing website content,
- Generating crisp social media content, fostering public conversation through comments, and responding to messages in a timely manner,
- Writing and distributing press releases and cultivating relationships with media outlets,
- Overseeing and maintaining the design of printed and digital materials in keeping with the WA brand, including program brochures, rack cards and posters, exhibition postcards and materials, stationery and note cards, advertising content, capital campaign materials, the annual report/business plan and other relevant printed and online reports,
- Writing weekly e-blasts and maintaining the Waterfall Arts email list
- Calendar Upkeep: Manage marketing calendar in conjunction with program calendars; keep up-to-date WA activities on web-based community and news media calendars; and represent WA in community coordinating efforts for marketing, program planning and collaboration purposes
- Solicit and oversee skilled subcontractors, interns, or volunteers to produce work in a timely manner
- Coordinate staffing and maintain materials for the Waterfall Arts public booth at the Farmers Market, community events, etc
- Content Creation and Management: Generate, solicit, and edit documentation of Waterfall Arts activities, our public, and staff and volunteers via photos, video, and text; and organize into easily accessible digital files for multiple users, for promotional and archival use
- Develop annual marketing and communications budget in conjunction with leadership staff
- Enhance major revenue-producing opportunities through increased marketing activities for products and services
- As all staff members, represent organization and its network at both internal and external events and activities as needed
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested with a sense of humor and team spirit
- College graduate with 3 or more years field experience, including digital and print communications, graphic design, media and external relations
- Demonstrated knowledge of managing social media on various platforms
- Excellent and demonstrated visual design and digital photography skills
- Knowledge of and facility with website content management
- Ability to build, maintain and manage long-term relationships with marketing constituents
- Ability to work well in a small office which requires teamwork in planning and evaluation
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and on deadline with limited support staff
- Excellent and efficient writing skills, including proofreading and editing abilities
- Highly creative and entrepreneurial in developing approaches to reach target audiences
- Must have excellent organizational and critical thinking skills
BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with experience, benefits include pro-rated vacation, sick leave, and holiday schedules.
SCHEDULE: This part-time position requires a flexible schedule at times, with some night and weekend work required as needed for staffing onsite and outreach events and meetings.
TO APPLY: Please send digital resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be acknowledged upon receipt, but please no phone calls. The position is open until filled.
Waterfall Arts is committed to the belief that each individual is entitled to equal employment opportunity.
There are many opportunities available through the Internship program at Waterfall Arts to suit a range of interests and programs of study. Waterfall Arts interns become integral members of our vibrant community arts center and gain first-hand experience in arts administration, education, and programming. Internships are unpaid – school credit is both recommended and preferred. Scheduling can be flexible to fit an intern’s availability, but is generally framed around a trimester schedule: January – April, May – August, September – December.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com.
Arts Administration Internship
Reports to: Administrative Coordinator
General Administrative Support; Phones/Filing/Mailings
Meet and Greet Visitors
Assist with Class and Workshop Registration
Database Content Support
Events & Exhibition Support
Arts Education Internship
Reports to: Program Director
Assist in Coordination of Educational Offerings with Program Committee
Liaison with and Assist Teaching Artists
Support Youth Programs
Prep for Workshops and Classes
Assist Studio Managers with Public Studio Schedules and Maintenance
Event & Exhibition Support
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Assist with Design and Production of Promo Materials
Community Outreach Activity Support
Research and Write Blog Posts
Photo documentation and archiving
Website Content Management
Event & Exhibition Support